I led worship for RVC Fresno’s Youth Retreat this past weekend at Shaver Lake. I had a great time seeing some of my old students, hearing my man Tim throw down some word, and attempting to wakeboard after a 10 year hiatus.
Whenever we do trips like these, we pray a lot for the safety of our students because, well, it seems like a student always breaks something. However, this time around I was the one who left with injuries:
- Right Thumb: tore back the nail carrying luggage.
- Left Ring Finger: pinched in a mic stand, leaving a blood blister.
- Right Knee: skinned and bruised from a wrestling match.
- Right Knuckles: scrapped… this one’s a mystery.
- Upper Body: sunburned in blotchy patterns (NEVER LET HIGH SCHOOLERS APPLY SUNSCREEN)
- Lower Back: sore from being pulled behind a boat.
- Left Thumb: tore back the nail on the tow rope.
- Face/Sinuses: sore from impact with water. Lots of impact.
- Right Foot: various splinters from lake plants.
- Right Big Toe: nasty cut from lake rocks.
- Brain: damage from lack of sleep!